Pages Navigation Menu

Dinosaurs and Birds - The Link Between Them

Events

 

Dancing With Dinos

Saturday, February 15 | 5:30-7:30pm | Location: Dinosaur Discovery Museum
Cost: $5 per person | Register Here

Wear your tiaras and bow ties and dance among the dinosaurs!  Show off your dab, floss, and jitterbug moves inside the exhibit.  Plus, check out the dino digs, dino-themed activities and plenty of photo ops.  For families with children ages pre-K – 10.  Register by February 7.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Museums.

 

Museum Munchkins

Wednesdays, 9:30am-10am | Location: Kenosha Public Museum

Join Museum staff and volunteers for a fun program designed to get you and your preschooler excited about science and the world around them. Each week you’ll explore a new theme with stories, songs, and activities using pieces from our collection.

Munchkins Schedule

January 8 – Geese; January 15 – Horses; January 22 – Red Tailed Hawks; January 29 – Giant Beavers; February 5 – Cats; February 12 – Pangolins; February 19 – Ravens; February 26 – Polar Bears; March 4 – Water Deer; March 11 – Ants; March 18 – Elephants; March 25 – Ocelots 

 

Groundhog Day Gift Shop Sale

Friday, January 31 – Sunday, Februrary 2 |
Locations: Kenosha Public Museum, Dinosaur Discovery Museum, Civil War Museum

Take advantage of 25% purchases in all three gift shops. Friends of the Museums members get an extra 10% – for a total of 35% off.

Excludes books, media and consignment items, and cannot be combined with other offers.

 

Carthage Institute of Paleontology Public Lecture Series

Every Other Wednesday | 7-8pm | Location: Dinosaur Discovery Museum

Join Carthage College students as they discuss their experiences in the study of prehistoric life.

March 18:  From the Ranch to the Field: Paleontological Field Work – Where do people go to find dinosaur bones? And how do they get them out of the ground? Hear Carthage students talk about their experiences digging for fossils in Montana and Wyoming.

April 1:  Where’s the Glue? Paleontological Lab Work – How do fossils go from being covered in dirt and rock to clean and on display? Hear DDM student volunteers talk about preparing fossils in the lab.

April 15:  When Geckos Fly: Growth and Evolution of Lizard Adaptations – What can we learn about giant fossil lizards from tiny gecko embryos? Hear Amelia Zietlow discuss her research at Marquette on gecko limb development and how it relates to her paleontological research at Carthage.

April 29:  Turtles Through Time: Tracking Prehistoric Climate Change – What happened to the climate just before the dinosaurs died? Hear Brady Holbach discuss his research on turtles alive at the end of the Cretaceous Period and what they tell us about the changing climate at the time.

May 13:  How to Make a Monster: Growth in Prehistoric Animals – Join Carthage seniors as they present their recent findings on their research on the growth of dinosaurs, marine lizards, and elephants in a follow-up to their fall program.

 

Click here for more information about programs at the Kenosha Public Museum