Sunday, August 20 | 1:00pm – 4:00pm | Free
Have you ever wished you could dig for dino fossils, hunt a Woolly Mammoth, create your own unique art, and compete in a potato sack race all at one location? Well, at the Kenosha Public Museums Museum Mash Up, you can do all that and more.
The Museum Mash Up is an outdoor celebration of the hands-on activities, games and events that make each of the three Kenosha Public Museums so unique. At this outdoor event, each museum will feature several of their most popular activities in one outdoor location. Be prepared to bring your adventurous, creative, and artistic side, and get ready to have some outdoor fun.
The day’s activities include:
- A Croquet Course and Matches
- Setting Up Civil War Soldier’s Tents
- Potato Sack Races
- Civil War Era Toys and Games
- Candle Making
- Apple Cider Press
- A Community Sidewalk Chalk Project
- Watercolor Painting
- Mammoth Hunting Using Atlatls
- Sorting Fossils from Kenosha’s Underwater Past
- Digging for Dino Fossils
- A Dino-Themed Grand Prize Game
- Two Museum Munchkins Concerts with Mr. Nick (1:30pm and 3:30pm)
Plus, free tastings of Kenosha’s award-winning water courtesy of the Kenosha Water Utility’s water truck, Old Fashioned Root Beer Floats and popcorn for purchase, and the Grand Opening of the National Geographic Exhibit Planet or Plastic at the Kenosha Public Museum.